Drive the Trans Canada Hwy #1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal in West Vancouver. Enjoy the scenic 40-minute ferry to Langdale Ferry Terminal on the Sunshine Coast. Then follow Hwy 101 north for approximately 75 minutes, past Sechelt and Madeira Park, to Ruby Lake Resort. This historical Hwy begins in Mexico and finishes in Lund on the Upper Sunshine Coast. Note: The ferry fare is based on a return rate; you don't pay to go back to Horseshoe Bay.
BC Ferries "CirclePac" program offers discount rates on the one-way passage to visit the Sunshine Coast and Vancouver Island. It is the best way to explore cosmopolitan Vancouver, the relaxed pace of coastal towns, and the forested inlets and peaks of our sheltered coastline.
For more information regarding ferry routes, schedules, rates, and the CirclePac programm please visit BC Ferries.
BC Ferries - 1-888-223-3779 toll free in BC, 1-604-444-2890 outside BC, Langdale Ferry Terminal 1-604-886-2242 Click here for Ferry Timetables.
Driving instructions from Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay
(app. 25 min from downtown Vancouver, depending on traffic conditions)
1. West on Georgia Street, through Stanley Park
2. Cross the Lionsgate Bridge
3. Follow Hwy 1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
Driving instructions from Vancouver International Airport
(app. 45 min depending on traffic conditions)
1. Look for the destination signs leaving the airport terminal and follow Hwy 99 North into Vancouver
2. West on Georgia Street, through Stanley Park
3. Cross the Lionsgate Bridge
4. Follow Hwy 1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
Driving instructions from Squamish and Whistler
(Squamish app. 45 minutes, Whistler app. 80 minutes; depending on traffic conditions)
1. South on Hwy 99 "Sea to Sky Hwy"
2. Continue past the Horseshoe Bay turn-off
3. Take Exit #4, the Caulfield exit
4. Loop over the overpass
5. Proceed west on Hwy 1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
Driving instructions from the Fraser Valley
(Chilliwack app. 1 h 25 minutes, depending on traffic conditions)
1. Hwy 1 westbound to Vancouver
2. Continue northbound on Hwy 1 across Ironworkers Memorial Bridge
3. Westbound on Hwy 1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
Driving instructions form Seattle
(app. 3.5 hours, depending on traffic conditions)
1. I-5 North to the Canadian border
2. In British Columbia the I-5 becomes Hwy 99.
3. Follow Hwy 99 North into Vancouver
4. West on Georgia Street, through Stanley Park
5. Cross the Lionsgate Bridge
6. Follow Hwy 1 to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
The Sunshine Coast Connector is a local bus service, which can drop you off right at our doorstep. You can board the bus from Vancouver, the Langdale Ferry Terminal, Gibson, Sechelt, Madeira Park, Ealrs COve, Powell RIver - or anywhere in between! Check their website for current schedules!
From Victoria, Vancouver and Nanaimo, you can catch a seaplane, a regular plane, or even a helicopter to the Sunshine Coast.
Ask about regular and charter float plane service to Ruby Lake from Vancouver. They will take you directly to our private dock!
Sunshine Coast Air (250.591.1810) & Harbour Air (1.800.665.0212) offer chartered flights directly to Ruby Lake Resort. Check their websites or call them for rates & schedules.